“…phenomenal job with field trips… activities were perfect… educational and fun. ~ Scarlett DeRosa
Summer Camp Field Trips
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm will provide a fun and educational visit. Campers will have a unique farm experience and an unforgettable adventure in our life size puzzle, The Amazing Maize Maze®.
Program is offered to licensed/registered summer camp programs or day care facilities/providers only.
The children and accompanying adults will:
1. Be greeted and organized in an orderly fashion.
2. Be challenged to think and reason creatively while having fun exploring our 5 acre corn maze.
3. Have the opportunity to enjoy and explore over 50 attractions in our Courtyard and Barnyard areas.
4. Interact with the animals in the Farm Experience Center.
5. Enjoy lunch in our Barnyard Tent. Groups may bring packed lunches, purchase meal vouchers when they make their reservation, or buy ala carte from our food venues the day of their visit.
6. For an additional fee groups have the option of a train ride from the Strasburg Rail Road to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. Please call the RR station at 717-687-7522 for reservation and details concerning the train ride.
Time: Your group may arrive any time after 10:15a.m. The farm is open until 5p.m.
Dates: Tuesday through Friday, July 4th through September 1st (CLOSED ON MONDAYS)
Rain Date: Please select and schedule a rain date when you book your trip. The farm does close in inclement weather.
Summer Camp Admission: $11.00 per person
- (1) FREE adult chaperone for every (5) paying campers ($11.00 for additional adults that are included in your reservation).
- Package includes: 50+ Farm Fun Activities including (but not limited to) The Amazing Maize Maze®, Barnyard Jump, Giant Slinger, Country Pig Races, Straw Bale Racer Slide, Giant Hay Chute Slide, Big Ball Corral, Ball-cade, Obstacle Course, Country Pig Races, Lil’ Farmer’s Playland, Farm Experience Center, Discovery Barn (with our baby chick hatchery), Wagon Express Ride, Farm Tour Wagon Ride, Logic Mazes and more!!!
- Allow a minimum of 3 - 4 hours for your group to experience the farm.
Registration: All groups must register online (see instructions below). Dates fill VERY early so don’t delay!
A credit card is required for booking your field trip.
Please Note: All groups MUST have proper adult supervision at all times. Make sure your adult counselors are planning on doing the maze!
~ Reservations are made online only.
~ If ordering more than 100 tickets, multiple purchases must be made. TicketLeap sets an order cap at 100 tickets.
~ A minimum down payment of $5 per admission is due upon making your reservation. The balance will be due in full upon arrival to farm on the day of your scheduled visit. Accepted forms of payment for the balance due are cash, MC, V, AX, D or check. Payment in full can be made when you make your reservation, if you desire.
~ Groups receive (1) free adult chaperone for every (5) paying campers. Please indicate the number of free chaperones by purchasing as many "Free Chaperone" tickets as you qualify for. Please remember this number is calculated using the PAYING Student number.
~ If you have red complimentary passes from a prior year's visit to apply to the reservation, please purchase as many "Complimentary Pass" tickets as passes that you possess and want applied. These must be mailed in to our office prior to your visit date to have them applied to the booking. Please mail to:
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm
Attn: Missy Hoover
150 Cherry Hill Road
Ronks, PA 17572
~ A grace amount of 10 campers will be allotted to your reservation. If you have 10 fewer campers on the day of your visit than you originally booked for, that amount will be credited to your final balance due. If you have more than 10 fewer campers, complimentary passes will be issued for that amount and you will be charged for the amount over the 10 grace.
~ If you have 10 more campers, they will be charged the $11 camper rate. Any adults or students above and beyond 10 more than what you booked for, whom arrive with you the day of your visit and who you do not have a reservation for, will be charged the $17 gate fee.
~ Please PRINT ONLY the receipt PDF and bring it with you the day of your visit for check in. There is no need to print each individual ticket that you purchase.
~ Approx. (1) week before your scheduled visit you will receive an email with detailed information about your day at the farm. It is important that this information be given to the person responsible for your group while they are here for the visit.
~ If you cancel your field trip with more than 30 days notice, you will be issued a full refund minus a $50.00 clerical fee.
~ If you cancel your field trip with less than 30 days notice, no refunds will be issued. Red Complimentary Passes will be issued per the number of paid reservations. These passes may be distributed at the discretion of the organization or can be applied to a future year’s reservation.
~ Field trips are weather dependent. If CCAF needs to cancel a field trip because the farm is closed due to weather, CCAF will work with you to reschedule. There is no penalty for canceling due to weather when CCAF has closed. If you are unable to reschedule, your deposit will be refunded with a check.
Call 717-687-6843 or 866-546-1799
“…I LOVE this place, and the kids (ages 3-15) all had a great time too. Something … for everyone!”
Fall School Field Trips
The educational staff at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm strives to incorporate our motto “Where Fun Grows” with solid educational programming. Each farm lesson at CCAF will promote student learning about the diversity of agriculture. Your students will enjoy a day filled with age appropriate lessons (Hands on Harvest package), hands on activities and multi-sensory experiences. Most importantly a trip to our farm will provide your students with an experience they will never forget.
CCAF has several trip packages to choose from. Below is a synopsis of each package.
Hands on Harvest Package (kindergarten - 4th grade)
Join us on Tuesdays & Wednesdays for our most educational field trip program. Take a wagon ride to the pumpkin patch, pick a pumpkin and participate in our pumpkin lab. Visit interactive educational stations in our Courtyard. Practice butter making, enjoy our Farm Experience Center, enter our cornfield to learn about farm crops, and visit our bee observation center to learn about the important role that bees play on a farm. The Barnyard will have many fun activities available. Explore the Straw Bale Racer Slide, Jumping Pillow (with a food pyramid theme), challenging obstacle course, and Singing Chicken Show.
Some educational stations may be targeted towards specific grade levels.
Groups can decide which of the educational stations they'd like to participate in.
Please note: Our 5 acre Amazing Maize Maze® will not be open.
Farm Fun Package (recommended for 4th - 12th grade)
On Thursdays the Amazing Maize Maze®, our 5 acre corn maze, will be open for school tours. The interactive game of the maze provides a great adventure, as well as being a great teambuilding tool. Groups will also have the option of an educational Farm Tour Wagon Ride. At the Farm Experience Center and Discovery Barn students will learn interesting facts about farming & farm animals. Additionally, the Courtyard and Barnyard activities will be open with plenty of fun for everyone! The General Store, Home Cookin Café & School House Sweet Shop will be open if groups would like to purchase food or souvenirs. Before departing each student will receive a free pumpkin.
Little Farmer's Package (recommended for preschool - early elementary; maze not included)
Visit our farm on Fridays for our preschool and early elementary day. Explore the Barnyard with fun attractions for everyone to enjoy! Visit the Farm Experience Center to see goats, sheep, pigs, ducks and more! Learn about farming in fun and interactive ways and hold a real baby chick in our Discovery Barn. Schedule to take our educational Farm Tour Wagon Ride. Before departing each student will receive a free pumpkin.
Please note: Baby chicks are available only on Fridays.
Fun Extras included with all packages:
• All students receive a coupon to return to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm for FREE with a paying adult (during regular business hours).
• One FREE chaperone (teacher/teacher’s aide/parent) for every 5 paying students.
School Tour Hours:
Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9:30 a.m.—2:00 p.m.
Thursdays & Fridays 9:30 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
Chaperones: One free teacher/chaperone for every 5 paying students. All students must be with a chaperone at all times while on the property.
• Hands On Harvest package – schools will need to be divided into smaller groups of approximately 20 students. We are asking that there be 4 chaperones for each group of 20 students.
• Farm Fun package/Little Farmers package – we highly recommend a ratio of 1 chaperone for every 5 students.